Registration and networking
Chair welcome address
Opening panel discussion:
Diamonds are made under pressure: Operational leaders’ faced their greatest challenge in 2020, ensuring their teams could continue working in unprecedented conditions
- The pandemic placed huge pressure on the operational functions, and they rose to the challenge; ensuring the right tech stack, maintaining internal and external communications, reporting, valuations: has this impacted how operational teams are viewed internally?
- Technology has been more important than ever in navigating the crisis; has private equity finally embraced a more digital way of working?
- Has the pandemic changed the operational function permanently?
- How do LPs now view operational leaders? Are they more visible?
Cultivating operational harmony
- Tracking the technological transformation of the operational function in today’s digital world
- Embracing change and making headway: how to take advantage of what tech has to offer?
- How integrating tech can help streamline business processes and improve workflow
- Developing and automating a single source of truth from portfolio company to investors
Coffee break and networking
Increasing operational efficiency through tech integration
- Operational review: Why certain IT systems are more successful than others and selecting the right ones for your company
- Practical know-how: Through looking at real life cases of a variety of managers in various stages of tech and data integration, we will explore different approaches and solutions.
Coping with the avalanche of regulation
- Tackling increased regulation at this point in the cycle: From ESG to reporting requirements and dealing with the ‘regulatory burden’
Gaining regulatory perspective:
- Approaches to ensuring compliance in an increased regulatory environment
- Anti-money laundering and combating terrorist financing - how will this impact smaller funds?
- Preparing to backtrack: Adapting to constant change in jurisdiction and the legislative landscape
- Keeping abreast of taxation and staying ahead of the game this tax season
- Dealing with IPEV Valuation Guidelines
- ESG EU, SDFR and Taxonomy regulation is now in force alongside UK’s adoption of TSCD, what does this mean for managers?
Lunch break and networking
Motion: the concept of CFO role stretch is a generational issue, younger CFOs know how to harness tech to build efficiencies and scale and ease the workload burden…
- Cyber security
- FX/Banking solution
Coffee and networking
Talent acquisition and retention in the finance function
- Sourcing and retaining talent from outside of PE
- Less talk, more action: Championing diversity and inclusion within the finance sector
- Benchmarking remuneration within the PE industry and beyond
- How best to deal with administration of carry plans
- Boosting your employee engagement strategy to improve wellness in the workplace
- Control less, encourage more - creating higher performers and encouraging adult behaviours through improved staff treatment
Timing is everything: Matching fund financing solutions to your funds life cycle
- Fund finance fully matured or set to implode?
- Why are more and more providers entering the market and who are they?
- Navigating the various products available: From capital call facilities, subscription lines, NAV and hybrid facilities to preferred equity and secondaries for continuation vehicles
Coffee break and networking
- Carry and waterfall structures
- Office culture: Connecting team members
- Retaining and rewarding talent
ESG: the DNA of the company
- Minimizing risk, maximising returns: juggling the prioritisation of maximum returns with corporate and social responsibility
- ESG credentials: Getting to grips with guidelines in order to avoid greenwashing and bandwagoning
- Addressing the importance of having a lock-step, allowing for companies to have direct impact
- ESG and talent acquisition
- ESG and operational due diligence